'Sweet Treat Packages' - Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop

| on
23:00
Hello, and welcome to my blog.
It's the Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop, and this month we are creating 'Sweet Treat Packages'.
I am Denita, and I live in Australia. You may have joined me from the lovely Kerstin, from Germany?, and wasn't that a treat? (No pun intended).

I have made a handful of 3D items; a lidded Gift Box, Treat Box and Mini Curvy Keepsake Box.
I have used the 'Dragonfly Bundle' and coordinating products.



First up is my lidded Gift Box - with thanks to Sam Hammond for her tutorial (grab it here!)


The lid is 1 piece of 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper, and the bottom is an 8" x 8" piece of cardstock.

I love that a whole piece of Designer Series Paper is used for the lid and no scraps! And if you use 1 piece of 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper, you will have 4 lids!


I stamped the floral image using 'Bumblebee' ink - stamping off once before stamping onto the 'Basic White' cardstock.
I also added an embossed 'Crumb Cake' belly band to support the sentiment element.

And those 'Vellum' punched mini dragonflies - too cute!

Can you believe these little Treat boxes are made from a card within the 'Dandy Garden Memories & More Cards & Envelopes'?
It's true, and I have added a guide below to show you the 'how to' and measurements...
(I was inspired by Renate who made this darling mini packaging - get the tutotrial here!)

I coloured the dragonfly using 'Watercolor Pencils' and a 'Blender Pen.

I made a mini 'Crumb Cake' belly band to attach the dragonfly element.

This is my rough guide, using computer paper, to get the measurements just right.
I flipped the card over so the pattern is on the right hand side, and the tab that folds over is the 2nd large rectangle at the top.
The cards measure 10.8xm (21.6cm) x 15.9cm or 4-1/4" (8-1/2") x 6-1/4"
Score landscape: 0.8cm/7.7cm/10.8cm - the scored line on the card/17.5cm/20.8cm - turn clockwise.
5/16"/3-1/16"/4-1/4" - the scored line on the card/6-7/8"/8-3/16" - turn clockwise.
Score Portrait: 3.2cm x 12.5cm or 1-1/4"/5"
Cut the left hand side away - 0.8cm or 5/16" piece.
I have added lines to be cut to the first score line from the bottom, and the dotted lines are notched to form tabs.
The solid lines at the top are cut away, and the fold over topper remains intact - as explained in the beginning of my  blurb.
'Tear & Tape Adhesive' is applied to the tab on the far right.

Does that make sense? If not, message me or check out Renate's tutorial for her Mini Packaging here.

Lastly, this little bit of cuteness to package up some cuteness?
And a very beautiful and colourful dragonfly to grace the sweet box.

I trimmed the dragonfly in half, and adhered to either side of the slot.
I added another head (stamp and punch) and adhered beyond the opening, so it looks like a proper dragonfly.


Next up is Kathy - I can't wait to see her Sweet Treat Packages'.

'

Thankyou so much for getting this far - I did have a ton of fun making my 'Sweet Treat Packages' and I hope to have inspired you with some creating too.
Creating is good for the soul.
Until next time, enjoy the hop, and see you soon. D x


Below are all the products used for my 'Creation Station Design Team 'Sweet Treat Packages' creations. 
 Click on a thumbnail to be taken to my Online Store for all the products I have used.
 You can also browse the Stampin' Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue, as well as 
the January-June Mini Catalogue available now finishing June 30th, 2021!
Have fun shopping. 
 *Australian Residents only.
Product List:
Blender Pens
[102845]
$21.00
3 comments on "'Sweet Treat Packages' - Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop "
  1. These are all wonderful boxes, Denita. I love that you used the Dandy Garden suite with these--turned out so pretty. That treat box our of the card base is so darn clever! Will be making one for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely trio of 'Sweet Treat' packages for The Creation Station DT's Blog hop Denita! I love the Dragonfly & Dandy Garden stamp & punch bundle and dsp and the colour combo you used! Thanks for the instructions of how to make one of the very clever boxes from a M&M card and envelope! Great CASE's from other demos too - thanks for the links! Fab Blog Hop from The Creation Station DT - all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much inspiration! All the boxes are wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature