Trees and Textures - Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop

| on
23:00
It's time for the Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop.
This month our theme is 'Trees and Textures', and there are some lovely Stampin' Up! products within the Catalogues to match our theme.
You may have hopped to me from my friend Sara?, or you have started your journey with me - you are visiting me in Australia.



'Flying Home' is my stamp set of choice for my creations... and unfortunately, this lovely stamp set is retiring, however, I wanted to make the most of this cuteness.


A simplified 'Happy Birthday' card.
I have coloured the tree part with a 'Blender Pen' and the NEW '2018-2020 In Color Collection Stampin' Pads'. 
The colours are so vibrant and gorgeous, and perfect for colouring the tree.
The bird, bird house and butterfly are a mix of 'Stampin' Blends' and 'Classic Stampin' Pads.


I love how this image fits inside the 'Stitched Shapes Framelits Die', and backed with the Scallop Circle Die from the 'Layering Circle Framelits Dies'.
And not forgetting the lovely 'Pool Party Baker's Twine'.


The background is the debossed image (back) from the 'Woodland TIEF'. This was the beginning of the 'Trees and Textures' part of my creations.

Take 2: A stepped up version.
I have used 'Sahara Sand' cardstock, embossed with the 'Woodland TIEF' and adding 'Crumb Cake' ink with a 'Sponge Dauber' to enhance the embossed tree image.


I fussy cut the tree, bird house and bird.
Adhering the images onto 'Wood Textures DSP', and using 'Stampin' Dimensionals' for the tree and bird house.


The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is heat embossed using 'White Stampin' Emboss Powder' onto 'Basic Black' cardstock.

Which creation is your favourite? The simplified or stepped up?
I love them both!

Next up is the lovely Linda, and I cannot wait to see her gorgeous creations. Keep on hopping to see some amazing inspiration from the Design Team and enjoy the hop. D x

Have yourself a happy Sunday, wherever you are, and enjoy the inspiration from the Creation Station Design Team.
D x

Below are all the products used for my 'Creation Station Design Team 'Trees & Textures' creations.
Click on a thumbnail to be taken to my Online Store, and there are 'Last-Chance Products' which have the Retiring Products - Stamps, Bundles & Everything else available until supplies last.
You can browse the Stampin' Up! 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue.
And you can visit the 2018 Occasions Catalogue - available now until 31st June 2018.
Have fun shopping.
*Australian Residents Only. 
Product List:
Blender Pens
[102845]
$21.00
8 comments on "Trees and Textures - Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop"
  1. Yes, the new colors are perfect for this image-they really pop on your card. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card - love that little bird set, sorry to see it retire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so loving how you used the Woodland Textures TIEF with the Flying Home set. It feels like the bird house is nestled up high in some branches and that is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the cards! Great embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Denita these are beautiful. I can't decide if I prefer embossed or debossed, but both are adorable and work so well with this stamp set. I also LOVE the little addition of the butterfly and bee by your sentiment. Adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denita, really nice cards that you show here. Very nice colouring and especially the "stepped up version" is fantastic! Kind regards, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just lovely Denita! With a subtle background which makes the flowers pop out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denita: Those little birds are so cute and your colors really pop. Love the Woodland Embossing Folder as background!! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature