'Outback Outwest' - Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop

| on
23:00
Hello!
It's the Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop for March, 2021!
Our theme this month is 'Outback Outwest' - take from that what you will as we are Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from all over the world, and my take will be 'Outback' Australia.
A huge welcome to you if you have hopped from the amazing Mikaela from the UK, to me in Australia. 


Bare with me and my 'Outback' creations; I have included my take on Australian sunrises and sunsets using my Stampin' Up! stamps and ink colours...

A little Kangaroo Joey, chasing dragonflies.
Depicting a Sunrise scene, I watercoloured the background using 'Misty Moonlight', 'Seaside Spray', 'Daffodil Delight', 'So Saffron' & 'Old Olive'.

I wanted to create a sillouhette of the Joey, in the morning light.
Stamping with 'Versamark' ink, covering with 'Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder' and heat setting with the 'Heat Tool' for my little guy.

I have added some stars lingering in the morning light using the 'Chalk Marker'.
The 'Dragonfly Garden' flowers and dragonflies make a perfect foreground, and I have added 'Sahara Sand' images to the 'Sahara Sand' card base.

This is my Australian Outback Sunset creation using the 'Forever Fern' & 'Dragonfly Garden' stamp sets.

I created my watercolour background starting with a circle of 'Mango Melody', then adding 'Calypso Coral' and finishing with 'Poppy Parade'.
Once the 'Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper' was dried, I stamped the images and sentiment. 
Lots of masking with post-it notes & washi tape to created my frame.

I love the colours I have created for my Australian Sunset background.
Tip: I spritzed the paper first then added the ink colours.
I have used the Eucalyptus leaf images from the 'Forever Fern' stamp set, and the floral images from the 'Dragonfly Garden' stamp set are perfect imagery for an Outback Sunset scene.

Next up is Yvonne from The Netherlands. I cannot wait to see Yvonne's take on our theme, and it's going to be incredible!
 


And an added beacause I love Country Music... my mate Kevin Sullivan has a song 'Outback Australia'.
Back in 2018, we headed to Gerringong for Kevin's 'Belonging' Album Launch.
Please watch Kevin's YouTube video - I'm in the audience somewhere!

'Outback Australia is the first single I released from my album BELONGING. Outback Australia is a song I wrote after travelling throughout the country for many years playing gigs from Bourke to the Birdsville races, from Innamincka to Gregory Downs and even The Animal bar in Karumba, raising money for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.'

Below are all the products used for my Creation Station Design Team 'Outback - Outwest' creations. 
 Click on a thumbnail to be taken to my Online Store for all the products I have used.
 You can also browse the Stampin' Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue, as well as 
the January-June Mini Catalogue available now finishing June 30th, 2021!
Have fun shopping. 
 *Australian Residents only.

Product List:
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00
2 comments on "'Outback Outwest' - Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop "
  1. Both beautiful cards! Love the little kangaroo on the first one.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your cards. The blended color backgounds are so beautiful with the wildflowers and I love the little joey. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature